Monday, October 25, 2010

Scrub refashioned to toddler dress- {not a} tutorial


This turned out so much better than I thought it would. It's actually the second one I made. I just did it, no pictures and no real steps written down.
Here's what I did. I had a couple of 2XL scrubs that I didn't know what to do with, the prints where way more Peanut than me so I figured she could use a jumper dress.
First I cut all of the usable fabric away from the side seams and removed the sleeves (saving them for later). This left me with two large pieces of fabric, a back piece with the top collar seam still intact and a front piece with the v-neck still intact.
Next I cut out general shapes like these. The straps need to be cut with one edge seam intact, this is the inside of the straps.



Then sewed on the straps pieces like this.



Then double folded over the arm seams and sewed, red circled areas only.



Then simply lined up the sides starting at the arm holes and sewed the sides together, then hemmed the bottom.








Voila, Peanut got a new jumper!

No comments:

Post a Comment