Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas, kids, gifts and love

     *****I have a little confession to make, maybe everyone does it, I don't know. But when I write a post I just write what is in my head first, then title it. After titling I edit. While editing this one I thought to myself, "Well geez, the title really sums up all those words so quickly, why did I need to write that much?" But then I realize it's because I like to share good things with the world! And my family is a good thing! (No, I'm not Martha Stewart but it is the best choice of words I could find!)*****
     Now that the hustle and bustle is over for now I can come back to bloggy world with a clear conscience and not feel like I'm neglected my everyday duties.
     Hubby and I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday. It doesn't seem like that long at all. 
     Also I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed having Doodle Bug home for 2 weeks! He is getting so smart and I really got to see him work! We spent a lot of time in the kitchen baking which was amazing. At one point we were measuring flour for our sugar cookie recipe and I told him we needed 5 cups. After adding 3 cups I was stirring and he just up and says, "Now we need 2 more!" I was stunned! My 5 year old kindergartener had just done a math problem in his head! We also spent time with the letter magnets on the fridge. I would tell him to find me an A and he would, and so on and so forth. He knew so many more than he did just a month before. He is turning into quiet the little scholar!
     Christmas I can say was pretty amazing too! The kids were so happy and Hubby was thrilled with his gifts. The one gift I had made for my mom was an appliqued shirt that said loved, it was one of her late husband's shirts. I had a lot of emotion invested in that one gift! When I showed my sister up north I told her I was afraid it would make Mom cry, but when it came down to it I was the one in a blubbery mess! Later Hubby told me, "Your mom was doing fine until you cried!" Oops, my bad, but I couldn't help it! It was almost a year in the 'in-my-head" stage and finally having it in her hands was emotional.
     And now about MY gifts! Holy cow! Hubby got me a new sewing machine! Also my mom got me a Cricut! Both have been used for projects already. I made myself a reversible tote bag with four pockets and a new wallet with my sewing machine, as well as a few small things. With my Cricut I've started Doodle Bugs Valentine's for his class and made my mom's birthday card.
      Now stayed tuned because on Wednesday I'll have a new tutorial for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment