Friday, December 17, 2010

Cranberry-Chocolate Christmas Granola, and Happy Holidays!



     Today is Doodle Bugs last day of school for the holiday. So I'm throwing in my hat and it'll be my last day blogging until the new year as well. I'm looking forward to spending two weeks with both of my birdies in the nest! Also it is HARD to try to keep up with Christmas stuff and blog too! Kudos to those who aren't taking a holiday! I hope the rest of you have a wonderful holiday! In the mean time I hope you try this recipe. it is awesome! It's not you normal granola, it's sweet and delectable. Almost candy I think! I made some for Doodle Bugs teacher and covered it with a piece of fabric and told her I had a lid issue. She told me it wouldn't be there long enough to need a lid!

Here's what you need:
2 cups oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 tsp brown sugar
dash of salt
2/3 cups dried cranberries
2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Here's what you'll do:
Preheat oven to 350. Stir all ingredients together except chocolate chips. Spread mixture on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes then stir. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes. Watch the last couple minutes that it doesn't burn. You just want browned edges. Once it's nice and golden brown remove from oven it'll still seem sticky, but that's okay as it cools it hardens up a bit. Let cool about 20 minutes. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!





As with all of my projects, I have designed them for my family and love to share with you so you can have them for your families as well. All projects, patterns and directions are meant for your personal use and neither the patterns nor completed projects are to be used for monetary gain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment