Saturday, December 4, 2010

Polymer clay peace star ornament

     This is a fun, easy ornament to make. It adds a little color to any tree! Even ours that is eclectic enough as it is! I just love the colors and psychedelic look on this happy little star! This is also a good project for the kids to help with, just as long as they don't do the hot parts!

You'll need: wax paper to work on, something to bake on, star cookie cutter, straw, toothpick, something round and a few different colors of clay. I like to use 5, not to many not to little.

For this star (which fits in the middle of my hand) I only ended up using 1 'line' of each clay. Also it was enough to make a medium star and a small star with the left overs.

I made little balls but you can just use little piece if you want. I like to take the time and make the balls because it makes the colors clearer and more swirly. If you just do pieces it'll be more spotty.

Roll all of the pieces together into a big ball. Flatten the ball.

Cut out your star.

Using a straw, pierce a hole for the hanger.


I used the end of a serger thread cone to make the circle.


Use a toothpick to make the lines.

Preheat the oven and make a little one while you wait for it to heat up. (I use a piece of card stock to bake on because I no longer have a pan dedicated to my clay.) Bake your clay according to the manufacturers directions.

Let it cool. It doesn't take long but hurts if you're impatient!

You can add a regular metal ornament hook, but I like the added color of ribbon. If your like me and hate it when your ornaments don't face forward do this; tie a little bit of ribbon through the hole and then tie your hanger ribbon through that ribbon so it'll hang straight forward!

And there you go! All set to go on the tree or give as a gift.






I'm sharing at







As with all of my projects, I have designed them for my family and love to share with you so you can have them for your families as well. All projects, patterns and directions are meant for your personal use and neither the patterns nor completed projects are to be used for monetary gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment