Monday, November 15, 2010

Advent Calendar mover tutorial

I absolutly adore snowmen! I even have a snowman cookie jar and three coffee mugs that resides on my kitchen bar year round. So of course I decided to make my advent calendar mover a snowman! It was really easy and quick. As a matter of fact it was a couch craft. I just grab all of my supplies and sat down to a rerun of CSI and got craftin'!


Here's what you'll need:
White felt scrap
Template or mini cookie cutter in the shape of a snowman
Black and orange craft paint
Paintbrush
Chopstick
Needle
Glue
White and red embroidery floss
Small amount of poly fill
Scissors

To get started cut two pieces off the chopstick about 2 inches long each. Glue them together and set aside to dry.

Now trace your snowman twice onto the felt. Cut one out but leave the other.

Now lay the cut out snowman on top of the non cut out one. Stitch together leaving small opening at the bottom. Stuff small amount of poly fill into opening.

Insert the dry chopstick piece into the opening and stitch closed. Cut out the rest of the snowman.

Using your craft paint paint the hat on. Using the end of the brush apply the eyes, mouth, buttons, and carrot nose. I did both sides so it can be put in either way.





Take a couple small piece of red embroidery floss and make a little scarf by tying it on the figure.

Placing a dab of glue on the stick to secure a long length of red embroidery floss. (I left it on the spool so I could just cut it off when I was at the end and wouldn't end up wasting any.) Wrap the floss around the stick, adding glue to the stick to secure it as you go. Add another dab at the end to secure the cut off end.

And there is your little snowman mover!






As with all of my projects, I have designed them for my family and love to share with you so you can have them for your families as well. All projects, patterns and directions are meant for your personal use and neither the patterns nor completed projects are to be used for monetary gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment