Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Making a play kitchen from an old night stand

I've been wanting to make a night stand into a play kitchen for a while now. It's going to be Peanut's big Christmas present. I've been keeping an eye out for someone getting rid of an old night stand to give this new life to. Finally on Monday while on a Freecycle run I found this poor little babe among some other broken discards. (FYI: Freecycle run= bulk is scheduled to pick up in our neighborhood around 15th of every month so there are some treasures out there for those of us willing to go find them. Also for those other neighborhoods that aren't as close, Freecycle drives are initiated.)
I trudged it back home, neighbors eyes wide in questioning, and around to my back porch. This is where I've been spending my craft time since. So far I've got it taken apart, the top sanded, the drawer front sanded and holes filled to become the oven door. Also I've had some help...

Hubby cut the hole for the sink, a little too big I might add, so I have to fix the hole a bit tonight. My back porch is a mess, my skin is dry, and my muscles are sore but I'm so excited right now! I can't wait to get it done. If all goes as planned I'll be able to get it done for under $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment