Monday, November 8, 2010

I made my own onesie extenders

With the weather starting to cool and starting to put a little more on the little ones I need to stretch my imagination a bit to work with what I have because as we all know money doesn't grow on trees. I know you can buy these at the store but why not just make a couple and save the few dollars? I've been thinking about trying to make some of these for a while now anyway. So I grabbed some old onesies that were too stained for Peanut to wear and got cutting. It's fairly easy and quick. They aren't beautiful but they are hidden anyway and I saved a few dollars. Here's what I did.

Take your onesie and cut it like this.


Then cut two pieces like this.


Then layer them like this.


Then sew/serge the mid-seam like this.


The open up like this.


Then serge/sew down the sides like this.


At this point I tried it on Peanut and it was too big so I serged the mid-seam again to make it shorter.


When I was done I had this.


Here it is on Peanut. As I said, not beautiful but it's functional!



I'm pretty proud about not only saving money but making my daughters wardrobe last longer and in effect saving money on new clothes too!





As with all of my projects, I have designed them for my family and love to share with you so you can have them for your families as well. All projects, patterns and directions are meant for your personal use and neither the patterns nor completed projects are to be used for monetary gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment