Friday, February 11, 2011

Getting fresh

I'm working a lot more fresh fruits and veggies into my family's diet. We all love them but sometimes get bored and want something different but can't figure out want to do to make them like-able again. Unfortunately when we get bored we stop eating them! Well except Peanut, give her a bag of grapes and she's happy. Banana? Sure she'll take that too. That fruit plate you ordered instead of fries, oh yeah, she thinks it's all her's! So this week I probably spent 2/3 of the grocery budget on fresh fruits and veggies. I made two fruit salads, a cucumber-tomato salad and have been snacking on fresh veggies. These are the two salads I made last night.
 
The fruit salad has cantaloupe, mango, kiwi, and grapes. The first one I made had strawberries in it but it made it just a tad too sour for me although the family loved it. 3 pounds barely lasted 2 days! The cucumber-tomato has of course cucumber, and tomato plus white onion, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. They are awesome! I strongly suggest going out for some fresh made salad fixin's and Get fresh! Just throw your favorites together and enjoy. Your body and taste buds will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment