Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pot pie filling

               Look, the rare weekend post! Okay, so I wanted to post this tonight because it will be needed for tomorrows post. I also didn't want to do this one tomorrow and then wait to do the next one on Wednesday!
               Anyway, this is my basic chicken pot pie filling. I make it in batches and freeze it for future quick grabs.

It's easy, all you need is:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 bag frozen veggies (corn, peas, and carrots)
1 family sized can of cream of chicken or cream or mushroom soup
1-1/2 cups of milk
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder *optional
Mix it all together in a big bowl. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste. Freeze in approximately 2-1/2 cup portions for family sized pot pies or 1 cup for smaller. (You'll need about 2 cups for the recipe I'm sharing tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment