Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Treat pouches- mini tutorial

               This Friday I'm doing a class party for Doodle Bug's birthday. Seeing as Doodle Bug wants his class party to be Transformers, my mom and I got everything Transformers for the treat "bags"! Bags would probably be the wrong word because instead of buying the plastic treat bags with the Transformers theme printed on them I made pouches! I based them on this tutorial from Skip to my Lou. I made them jumbo sized and didn't have a crimper so I used a ruler and just pressed nice and hard. I then filled them with 3 fruit puff candies, a jaw breaker, a roll of Smarties, 2 stickers, a pencil, an eraser, a pencil sharpener, and a mini sketch pad. I wanted them to be easily handed out and not easily spilled so I stapled them closed and placed a Transformer sticker over the staple. Then just to add to the theme I put an Autobots symbol sticker on one side and a Decepticons sticker on the other.

               I seem to like doing mini-tutorials as of late so if you need more detailed instruction drop me a line and I'd be happy to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment